We want caring people to welcome our animals into your “forever” home. If you are considering adopting a cat or dog, please consider their requirements as well as your own. You need to consider what may change in your life over the next 15 years if you are getting a kitten or puppy, and whether a cat or dog can always be part of it. If there is a strong possibility that you can’t keep a cat or dog for some reason in the next few years, you need to seriously consider whether you should get one right now. The cat or dog will suffer if you have to give it away or surrender it to a refuge or pound. We and other refuges cannot always take surrenders, so don’t think that is an easy option. That’s why we talk about “forever homes”.
Things to consider that may happen over the next few years;
(the most common reasons people surrender or abandon their animals)
- If you are renting, the next place you rent, or the next place after that may not allow animals – most landlords don’t allow animals
- Could your or your family’s circumstances require a potential move to another area or state, and will the pet be able to go with you?
- Are you planning to have children soon, and don’t want to risk animals with children?
- Will your current animals and children get on with another pet?
- Are you able to exercise a dog daily, and not leave it alone regularly?
- Is your yard well fenced, and will a dog be secure and safe in your property? Is your property large enough?
- Do you have pet hair allergies?
- Can you afford the large cost of owning a pet? Annual vaccinations, worming, registration, food and inevitable vet bills.
If you have considered all these options and can honestly say that you can devote yourself to the needs of a cat or dog for the term of their life, then please come and visit our cats and dogs for sale. Please note that although our website is updated frequently, there is a chance that the animal you may be interested in may have been adopted by the time you visit them on site. We cannot hold animals for you, so the sooner you visit us, the sooner you will have a wonderful friend to take home with you.