Dog Owner Questionnaire (316 KB)
Cat Owner Questionnaire (480 KB)
2. We are now open to the public for you to visit our cats and dogs, we will limit the amount of people in certain areas to ensure everyone's safety. Check out our website to see who you may be interested in to help streamline the process. We are open between 10am and 5pm, Tuesday through Sunday.
3. Please limit your visiting group to two people. If you have children and would like them to meet the animal before adopting, we can accommodate a rotation of a small number of visitors.
KEY POINTS IF ADOPTING A DOG -
- A property check prior to adoption may be necessary.
- Renting via a real estate agent? - Please bring in your current rental agreement approving your having a pet. If you do not have approval on your current lease, please contact your real estate agent to get written permission (can be an email) from the landlord to have a pet on the premises. You may also need Body Corporate approval.
- Private rental? - If you are renting under a private agreement (i.e. no formal lease), please provide written permission from the landlord + a copy of the landlord's rates (to show proof of ownership)
- Home owner? - Please bring a copy of your current rates notice or water bill to show proof of ownership. If you have just moved in and don't yet have a rates notice, a copy of some settlement letter with your name and address will be sufficient
- Unit or Townhouse? - Please find out if your unit or townhouse has a body corp - if so, you will need to provide a copy of the body corp's approval to have a pet. This applies even if you own your own home
- Retirement villages - Please provide a copy of your unit agreement or village rules which allow a pet on the premises
- Other doggie friends and children need to meet any potential new dog friends. They will be introduced to each other under the supervision of our experienced dog volunteers.
Please note that although our website is updated frequently, there is a chance that the animal you may be interested in may have been adopted by the time you visit them on site, so the sooner you visit us, the sooner you may have a wonderful friend to take home with you.
EXTRA THINGS TO THINK ABOUT...