Fun Doggie Facts
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
• Dogs have about 10 vocal sounds.
Dogs only sweat from the bottoms of their feet, the only way they can discharge heat is by panting.
• Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.
• Dogs do not have an appendix.
• There are more than 350 different breeds of dogs worldwide.
• Dalmatians are born spotless: at first pure white, their spots develop as they age.
• Contrary to popular belief, dogs aren’t color blind; they can see shades of blue, yellow, green and gray. The color red registers on a grayscale in a dog’s vision.
• Most domestic dogs are capable of reaching speeds up to about nineteen miles per hour when running at full speed.
• Using their swiveling ears like radar dishes, experiments have shown that dogs can locate the source of a sound in 6/100ths of a second.
• Domesticated for more than 10,000 years, the dog was one of the first animals domesticated by humans.
We just LOVE Dogs!
Leave a Comment